Once your HR structure has been put in place, perhaps you need more than the advice and guidance provided in our Essential HR service. Some businesses prefer us to take a more hands-on approach and work directly with people managers, supporting them every step of the way when handling employee matters. If you need HR processes implemented and need us to regularly attend your premises for side-by-side support, then our Practical HR service is perfect for your needs.
Our Practical HR service offers you everything in the Essential HR service:
• Complete review of the organisation’s HR function as to what is in place currently
• Contracts of Employment – review of contract types and requirements, implement new contract types as required, including GDPR requirements
• Employee Handbook – review of existing and/or implement new including GDPR compliance
• Employee files – review employee files and implement structure, format, best practice and checklist
• Job Descriptions – review existing job descriptions, update as required or implement new
• Telephone advice line on HR matters
• Email correspondence for advice
• HR Forms – review and/or supply of HR standard letters, HR forms, etc
• Up to 4 face to face meetings a year on a quarterly basis
• Subscription to the monthly newsletter “Your Essential HR News, Tips and Guidance from Plain Talking HR”
• Performance Management – reviewing existing performance management processes. Supporting and guiding the implementation of new processes as required. Supporting managers to deliver performance management. Supporting the management of poor performance and conduct issues.
• Absence Management – reviewing existing absence management processes. Supporting and guiding the implementation of new processes as required. Supporting the management of absenteeism/absence issues.
• Grievance and Disciplinary – reviewing existing grievance and disciplinary processes. Supporting and guiding the implementation of new processes as required. Supporting managers and employees through the processes, ensuring processes are implemented fairly, consistently and transparently. Attending hearings, note taking, supporting the right decision making, suspension of employees if appropriate; dismissal of employees where necessary and handling appeals.
• Flexible Working and Family Friendly policies – reviewing existing flexible working and family friendly policies. Supporting and guiding the implementation of new processes as required.
• Recruitment Campaigns – Advice on ensuring your job adverts comply with legislation. Guidance on making sure your short-listing is fair and transparent. Best practice on interview skills and documentation. Supporting selection and assessment centres and profiling.
• Training your line managers in the delivery of best practice HR policies and procedures.
• Redundancy and Restructure – managing and guiding you through the process of redundancy in line with legal requirements. Supporting and management your restructure programme and communication plan. Attending consultation meetings as necessary.
Service excludes day to day administration and line manager duties which remain within your organisation - e.g. receiving and recording of absences, data gathering, etc
If you were to hire an HR Advisor who would typically carry out this type of work, their annual salary is likely to be in the region of £30,000.
Our Practical HR service is fantastic value at £750 per month.